After finding 0* with the stock pads on the stands, I used a punch to mark 0* on the tube and knuckle, then rotated the axle/pads to 6* and re punched. mark them away from where the grinder will hit.
This is the amount that the steering knuckles need to move.
Just cut and rotate them- easy right? Figure 2+ hours per side if you
haven't ever done this before.
Tools needed: 4.5" angle grinder with grinding wheel and minimum 2 cutting wheels,
wire wheel, welder and accessories, protractor, stands,
3lb and 5 lb sledges ( i used the backside of the wood maul)
marker, punch, and loss of mental function for doing this.
This is the stock 0* before knuckles
note the cleanliness of the driveway before pounding
this is the 6* (far side) and 0* close side
all this dirt came out of the axle tubes because the
axle seals were still in. BFH on right side of picture.
Here is where a lot of time was taken up- note the ring between the tube and knuckle
in the middle. This was a teeny tiny amount of weld (maybe an inch) that penetrated deeper
than the rest at the factory- the result was a lot of pounding to get it to rotate
Safety note** I re-welded the knuckles using 4 + passes with a 180A welder to fill and strengthen
the ground out parts. If you have any doubts - hire a professional
welder to get the parts reunited! If not done right, figure the entire
wheel assembly rotating in a weird direction , locking up your steering,
or leaving the vehicle while driving. (either is bad)