I noticed that the tires chirped on right turns more than left turns. I got under the Jeep and measured to make sure that I mounted the axle correctly on the leaf springs, - check.
Then I noticed that one spring shackle was almost straight up and down, and the other was canted about 30*. So I turned my attention to the front hangers.
I started measuring from a fixed frame point to the bolts- oof. The problem wasn't noticeable with a quick glance underneath, but the driver hanger was pushed up and back, and the passengers was down and forward. 5/8" on each side and 3/4" height difference from the frame.
I also put an add a leaf in the rear leaf pack in place of a spring that
took care of the spring wrap and makes it accelerate better. I could go into
scientific stuff, but it just does.
Going out to re measure the wheelbase I found the passenger side axle to be 1 1/2" forward of the stock 104" wheelbase. That explains why it turned so good one direction. :)
So I'm cutting the weak original parts off and putting on a boxed, reinforced hanger up front.