I removed the hood to make life a little easier. Although someone was nice enough to put a spring over on it like I would have done, it makes the fenders a stretch even at 6'-1".
With no engine to impede progress, I got a battery charger set at 12 A and started checking the wiring. headlights- check.
turn signals-check. side markers-check. I even got one of the brake lights to light up somewhere along the way.
The dash has one light that works, The blower works on both speeds, wipers work on both speeds although if you push the switch just so it acts like intermittent wipers. It could be a good thing - I don't know if its stock but it may be.
Tracing the wiring harness back into the cab from the firewall I came across THE BUTTON mounted in the dash. I had no idea what or why it was there. It had 2 pair phone wiring coupled up and running thru the firewall.
I traced it to the main loom which had been re-wrapped, the wires terminated at the starter solenoid wires. It turns out this was the kids key. Necessity IS the mother of inventions.
This is the main loom. Some people call this duct tape- but the enterprising youth saw that it kept wire from shorting out and saw that this was good. NASCAR uses it to repair vehicles so they can go fast. Maybe 40 more rolls and this thing will fly.