Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 16, 2014

tire carrier finished...

Its not stock, but I didn't want anything that looked like an erector set bolted on either...
I started off with a complete spindle kit 1.25" diameter, with bearings and seals...
I had heard that 1" spindles start snapping with 37" tires, so I went a bit bigger with the 35" spare...

  Spindle and mount
 

The box in the center holds a complete scout 2 wheel spindle, wheel hub, and lockout hub as a trail spare...
This rack can hold my 225 lbs at full swing, just rocks the jeep a bit.
 

About 2 days of work, and cussing...
The red handle is supposed to be rated at 750 lbs of clamping force...
There's enough room on top for a hi-lift that's sitting in the corner...
 
 
 
 
 
 
As nice as it turned out- there is a caveat!    Due to the racks angle matching the tailgate- the carrier has to come past 90* (more like 120*) out to open the tailgate- food for thought
 

No comments:

Post a Comment