Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

4.56 gears mini thread --progress???

 6-13-12
 After the debacle of the non fitting gears, I have ordered 4.56 thick ring gears for the axles.
At 60 mph, the rpms w 36" tires should be 2750 now in 3rd and about 2000 in 4th. (700r4)
  I almost got 4.88 gears but 2950 rpm was too much for driving down the road to get anywhere.
Low crawl ratio should be 37:1- quite respectable for an est. 2700lb vehicle.
That is all for now.  God Bless America.
DANA 44 4.56 THICK STANDARD ROTATION RING AND PINION USA STANDARD GEAR SET


6-18-12 update
The gear set I've ordered showed up, well- one of them,  and was installed.
The setup guy called and said it went well, but he wanted to know how long
it would take to get the other set.  I called the ebay store and after sitting on hold
for a couple minutes, said "oh here it is." 
 (I'm thinking that some axles could've been in the garage right now- whatever) .  Hopefully it will be overnighted and I can get them by tomorrow night or Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment